Monday, July 03, 2006

What's the story, morning glory?

Only 6 months left in year 2006, unbelievable,how time managed to perish as quick as that. Well, What did I actually do for the past 6 months? This is my story.Hmmm.....After I left Cameron Highlands somewhere in mid July last year, I went to Bangkok. I was in Bangkok for 5 months, writing freelance for a few publications. Oh yeah, I had since got rid of my dreadlock. I loved and hated Bangkok. The language barrier is a real problem. Well, the world of journalism is just another dog-eat-dog world. You have to be a player in order to get assignments which I don't really know how. After all, I am still a hippie at heart.

So, I came back to Malaysia during Chinese New Year, a dear friend died in Cameron Highlands, I got really upset. Then, another friend there went through domestic violence at home and then moved to live in Johor. I went to Johor to take care of her kids for almost a month while she started her new life there. I went for my baptism on 8 March at Calvary charismatic church. I had signed a contract with God. So, basically I have been trying to live a holy life. So far so good, still the holy Kriss. Haven't put myself in a situation where I have to face full force temptation. Wait until someone put a bunch of `holy weed', a few bottle of red wine on my table and then ask a super gorgeous sexy man to seduce me and see how. hehehe.

Then, off to K.L to help Mercy Malaysia to write part of its annual report. Then, I joined the 3 days 2 night basic mission training programme organized by Mercy. In the training, I learnt CPU, how to use a compass, how to use a walkie-talkie, how to set up a shelter box (a 6-person tent), how to evacuate when an attack takes place, just so crazy.

Then, in May, a friend that I love dearly went for his brain operation to get rid of the brain tumour and has since been participating in full recovery. Then, my mother went for cataract eye laser treatment. The following day, my father was diagnosed with mild stroke. He was hospitalized for a week. I stayed at the hospital every night to keep an eye on him. That was not it. Since then, I had to stay at home to keep an eye on my old folks and cook for them for almost 2 months. How about that? I was very much afflicted. Only one thing that has been keeping me going--God's strength. Without His love and strength, I wouldn't be able to pass the test with flying colors. I only have enough money to last for another 3 weeks and still can laugh about life. Hopefully, I will receive my delayed paycheque soon. May your unfailing love come to me, O Lord, your salvation according to your promise. So, what's next???