Monday, July 24, 2006

Heading north...

Yesterday morning, my mum sent me to the train station in Alor Setar. The train would only arrive at 8.35 am. So, we went to have breakfast at the canteen of the train station. The train arrived on time and then I bid farewell to my mum. After years of living a nomadic life, I just have to learn to let go. Sometimes, it is really hard but I just have to do it. I received a SMS from my brother a minute before the train arrived.

Kakak, wa now standby packing to go to Time Square liao! U take care n hope you find a plant which u know its needs….Sender: Siang Sent: 23-July-2006 8:27:50.

Well, I would rather be a plant this time around and have an owner who knows my needs. Anyway, I already have an owner and his name is Jesus. I hopped on to the train and walked inside the train from one berth to the other. I was supposed to be in berth U1 but I ended up being on the other end of the train. You see, there were twice that while I was still looking for the right berth, the trains started moving. As a result, I had to hop on to the trains while the trains were moving and I nearly fell off the trains. These were the crazy things I did in my life. This time I just wanted to play safe. I guess I am catching up with my age. I can no longer do the Hopping-on-a-moving-train stunt anymore. Probably I still can do it without a heavy backpack on my back.

As the train was moving ahead, my heart started to sing in joy. It was really great to be able to hear the rattling sound of the train again. When the train moving past a pond covered with pink water lilies, every passenger started shouting in delight Of course, I was totally hypnotized. This is the little bliss you get when you are on a run-away train. I always believe that the nature has the power of healing and God is its creator. O Lord, have I told you lately that I love you?

Many passengers got off in Arau. Soon, the train halted in Padang Besar, the border cum immigration check points. Thank goodness that they let me enter ThaiLAND cos my passport will be expired in January 2007. On top of that, I actually overstayed for 2 days last time and was fined 400Baht.

Back on the train and to resume the journey to Hatyai. I would catch another train to Bangkok once I arrive in Hatyai...to be continued.