Monday, July 17, 2006

Relationship

Relationship is like a potted plant. You water it and nurture it everyday. Then, one day you wake up only to find that the plant is dead and you don’t even know why.

Last night I told my brother about relationship is like a potted plant blah...blah...blah, to my surprise, he gave me some really brilliant and funny feedback.

My brother: First of all, how much do you know about the plant? Maybe the plant needs more sunlight than water. The plant just dies when you don’t give enough `heat” to the plant. (We both laughed out loud.)

Me: O.K, let’s twist the plot a bit. How about the plant is ruined by a rat instead of natural death...What role does a rat play in the relationship?

My brother: Maybe the rat is the third party or something else. So, who is the rat? Are you the rat or the owner of the plant?

Me: Hahaha. (I felt like being interrogated.) Let’s twist the plot again. What about the owner wakes up in the morning only to find that the plant is gone? I mean it is stolen by someone.

My brother: How can that happen?

Me: You see, the potted plant is so beautiful that the owner just want to show it to her friends. So, one of her friends loves the plant so much that she decided to steal it. The owner shouldn’t have showed it to her friends. No, I shouldn’t describe relationship as a plant. It should be able to make a decision.

My brother: How about a pet?

Me: Yeah, a pussy cat. A cat with a pussy! Hahaha

My brother: Look, Let’s put it this way. Next time don’t put your heart and soul into caring for a plant. Imagine you only water the plant once in a while; will you be so hurt when the plant dies?

Me: (Silence…then laughed out loud.)

My brother: Take it easy, why let yourself get hurt!

Me: Maybe next time the owner should get a bongsai, so that no one will be able to steal it cos it is too heavy!Hahaha.