Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Silver screen: I am a Sex Addict


Uncensored....

and censored...to censor or not to censor, that's the question.

October last year, there was this World Film Festival of Bangkok that took place in Bangkok of course. So, during those 2 weeks, I was running from one Cineplex to the other trying to catch my breath and a film. I was running from Metropolise(Is it called Metropolise?)shopping centre to Siam Centre to World Trade Centre and back to Metropolise. Yes, running, the films were screened back to back in 3 different Cineplexes in 3 different locations. Surely I enjoy the running in a city where I can run faster than a Mercedes Benz cos these road machines have been retarded by the snail moving traffic jam.

So, there I was, waiting for the screening of a film called I am a Sex Addict. I was sitting outside the Cineplex scrutinizing the crowd. Obviously, there weren’t enough people to call it a crowd. Why? Probably anyone who dared to walk through that very door to the Cineplex to watch this film would be suspected or mistaken as a sex addict. The guy at the ticketing desk looked at me sheepishly as if there were words written all over my forehead saying that I am a sex addict. Sure, he had every reason to be suspicious. After all, I did suspect other viewers as sex addicts too.

Inside the cinema, I turned around 360 degree and saw not more than 10 people. I noticed there were only two females, me and another woman who came with her partner. The rest were these middle aged men, looking very much like sex addicts. I started to ask myself what the hell I was doing. By the time I had myself seated comfortably, these men came over to sit either in front of my seat or just two or three seats away from me. I looked around, the cinema was almost empty. Why on earth they wanted to come to sit so close to me. So, I was thinking whether to move or not to move. I felt trapped yet I refused to move. Why should I? Probably they thought all sex addicts should stick together. Hehehe………to be continued.