Sunday, June 18, 2006

'In Razr Way' Party @ Bed Supper Club, BKK.



When I heard that D.J Malik Alary of Hotel Costes was going to spin his way to Bed Supperclub for MOTORAZR V3's `In Razr Way’ Party on Oct. 12 last year, I told myself that I had to be there no matter what.The sexy tunes of the compilation albums of Hotel Costes are just so seductive.




So, when I went to Toolbox Media office , Bangkok to do my writing on the computer as usual, I saw this 'In Razr Way' Party black invitation card lying on my editor's desk nakedly as if to seduce me to get hold of it. So, I did.




Since he wasn't really into partying anymore, he gave the invitation card to me. In return, I aggreed to bring along five copies of Untamed Travel magazines to give away in the party.
So, on that Wednesday night, I went to Sukhumvit, the uptown of Bangkok where the rich and famous dwell.



At the entrance, I handed my invitation card to the lady in white and spoke confidently in English accented English (not Manglish, Singlish or Thailish) as if I was a well-bred Oxford-educated Anglofile. I was handed a press card and a press kit.




So, there I was at Bed Supperclub, a glass of red wine in one hand and a camera in another hand, what else could be better than this on Wednesday night. The tiny illuminated stage was there waiting for models to strike poses for the awaiting press people, I was one of them, of course. The two big screens were occupied by Motorola’s logos, constantly spinning to the tunes. A voice said: Hello Moto”. I replied “Hello”.




By the time I finished my third glass of red wine, I was still sober enough to count my fingers correctly. The models finally started cat walking to the stage with fashion that designed to match the slick and chic MOTORAZR V3. Every model had a MOTORAZR V3 in one hand or hooked to their outfits.




The party featured the creations of 4 young designers namely Pisith Sirihamarat, Kittikorn Kongtabag, Chatree Theng-Ha and T-Ra Chantasawasdee. There was a long break after every show to give everyone enough time to grab another drink or two. The fashion shows were cool enough to look like the fashion shows straight out of Fashion T.V.




Actually, there were many celebrities, socialites and just famous people around but I could hardly figure out who-is-who cos I wasn't really into the`scene' but everyone seemed to be quite friendly.
Of course, the music was up to my expectation; after all, D.J Malik didn't come all the way to Bangkok to disappoint his fans. Bed's resident D.J, Josh spinned great tunes in between sets in the early hours before D.J Malik took over completely. The press people left after the fashion shows but I stayed back When D.J Malik started to spin Latin House, I knew it was time to ditch the camera and dance.