Thursday, March 27, 2008

Looking back...

It has been a long long day at work but it doesn't matter cos I received a very comforting email from an editor from Bangkok. Sometime life is really unexpected and unpredictable. He told me that my article will be published in April in my favourite magazine. I used to look at the beautiful photos and stories in that magazine and wished that one day my story would be in the magazine. I used to struggle very hard financially when I was a freelance writer. The payment never came on time. Sometime I had to wait for as long as 6 months to finally receive my paycheque.

Frankly speaking, I have a much better life when I was a freelance journalist even though I was so broke most of the time but I received so much blessings and grace from God and constantly surrounded by friends who gave me so much love. Probably because I was free enough to give so much love to people around me too. When I was in Cameron Highlands for my two weeks break from work, I went for a walk in the tea plantation, played with my friend's baby girl, went trekking, relaxed at the playground, took the dog to go for a walk, made apple crumbles for my friends, talked about God's love. That all happened in two week's time. It used to be my life but now it is a a two weeks holiday. Sometimes, I really wish I could turn back the clock....really.