Monday, January 21, 2008

My Italian tie

18 January, Friday-I am feeling dysfunctional again. Is this something normal or is just me? Well, probably it’s because it’s Friday. Okay, on Monday, my beloved colleague S gave me a made in Italy flowers printed silk tie that I think even my parents won’t wear it. Since everyone in the office knows that I have a strange obsession with tie. So, occasionally, someone would offer to give me a tie they purchased 10 years ago. Of course, I would say yes cos I didn’t want to offend them or make them feel that their choices of ties are not on par with mine fashionably.

So, after mentioning about giving me a tie for the past few months, S finally handed me the tie. According to her, it took her a month to make the effort to search for the tie in her storeroom, then another month to make the effort to hand wash it and finally ironed it and handed it to me.

When I saw the tie, I almost fell off my chair. Oh God, I felt trapped. I just wished that she would get over it after that. So, finally, THE DAY came when she started to grumble and question me why I didn’t wear the tie. So, to avoid her from murmuring any further, I promised her that I would wear it the following day.
So, this morning, I was struggling to decide whether to wear or not to wear. I didn’t wear it but I took the tie with me. On the bus to work, I put on the tie. When S saw me in the office, she came close and whispered: `good.’