Wednesday, January 27, 2010

2010

Wow, finally I managed to sign in to my blog when I least expected. Yeah, it's just like my life. I am so looking forward to February. It's gonna be a new beginning. I am gonna start teaching art to kids. It's gonna be fun. 8 hours a week. One week off every two months. Ten months contract.

My boss said that this is an opportunity for me to impart what I learned to the children and also an opportunity to minister to the children. Hahaha, I hope the kids won't grow up become like me, sure the parents won't be too pleased with that.

I hope this year the Lord will favour me and reward me for pursuing my dreams and for not giving up and for letting Him to fulfill His dream for me because he knows me better than I know myself. He knows exactly what he can accomplish through me.

For the past few years, I kept telling myself that I wanted to write a book before I turned 35. In 2005, when I was living in Bangkok for 5 months, I was hanging out with a journalist and my editors. According to my editor, I was one of their best writers, as good as that journalist from Germany who smoked weed most of the time but the thing is that he managed to write two books and had them published. Then, me and my editor use to compare ourselves to that German journalist. We just thought that if he could manage to write two book not one, sure we could do that too. Last year, I was pleased to know that my editor finally had a book published. So, I just thought that it's my turn. The thing is that recently, I have been spending a lot of time on experimental video and film making and digital art. After all, I am so out of the journalism scene. Sometimes, my editors were kind enough to send me a friendly email to remind me that I am still a writer.

So, in December last year, when I was in Krabi, I brought along the book called `The Witch of Portobello written by Paolo Coelho. Then, I learned that the writer actually prayed for a sign that if he saw a white feather, he would start writing a book. So, I also prayed for a sign of a rainbow. Then, that night, while sleeping in the tent, I saw a rainbow in my dream. Then, yesterday, I finally saw a real rainbow after the rain. So, I guess it's about time to write a book.