Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Mission accomplished

I am truly deeply sorry for the long long silence. Okay, let's get back to the story. In my last post, I was in K.L. Then, I thought `divine mission' accomplished and it was time to leave. I checked out from the guest house and planned to leave in the evening. Then, a friend called, asking me to fire dance in a club the following night. Great...Quick job and quick money cos I needed the money to pay my credit card. I still have to pay for this laptop. See, my laptop is featured in the beginning of the experimental video presentation I made for the film festival.

So, I checked in to the guest house again. so, the following night I did the performance. Everything went well. Phew. Actually, I always feel really nervous when ever I perform. I am a occasional fire poi dancer, writer and video artist. I try to do as many things as possible since I don't really have a real job now. It suits me well. When you don't have a fix income, you have to walk by faith, not by sight. If you have little faith, you will not be able to live like this. you will worry sick cos you don't know when is the next pay cheque.

Of course, I did screw things up. That was why I got a full time job for seven months cos I couldn't pull it through anymore. That's a big price to pay for your freedom. You can have the money (a fix job with stable income)and lose your freedom or you can have your freedom and lose the money. Life is tough, there is no way out. I really wish I could have both and great faith.

okay, then after a week, I packed my things and gave away most of my things to the christian lady I met in the interview. Finally I managed to get rid of my things and leave K.L. I really felt so grateful to that Christian lady who came to my rescue. Most of my things would be sold at a charity to collect fund for the church. Good! That was what I wanted. In the beginning, I planned to give away my things to salvation Army but I am not sure whether there is a Salvation Army in K.L.

So, I packed again and ready to leave. Then, a friend asked me to be a gallery sitter for an exhibition. After a day of contemplation, I agreed. So, I stayed back for 9 days. I actually spent 3 weeks in K.L before I headed back to my hometown and then caught the train to Bangkok to attend the opening of the film festival.

I planned to be there for 10 days but ended up spending 3 weeks there. There were so many things going on in Bangkok while I was there. It was not easy to accomplish the `divine' missions in Bangkok. I am so glad that I made it there and came back in one piece. Phew...see, every time I went to Bangkok, crazy things happened there. Last time it was the coup, this time it was the protest that went out of control. I came back before the protesters sealed the airport and bombs and all that shit.

What's next? Oh Lord please continue to provide.

I will try to write what happened in Bangkok in my next post.