Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Back to Bangkok for good.



Hi everyone, how are you doing? I would like to thank those people who dropped me a line or two in the comment section. At least, I know that my time spent on blogging was not wasted. I arrived in Bangkok on 12 Oct, since then I have been busy exploring the underbelly of Bangkok. Bangkok is filled with mysteries. The creative space doesn't end at exhibitions and art galleries, it goes way beyond that. The street art space is expanding beyond my expectation. Trash bins, street walls, back alleys and abandoned comstruction sites are adorned with graffities.

Well, I know some people see this as vandalism but I see it as turning a big boring city dotted with artless skyscrapers into a platform for freedom of expression. No, the alleys wouldn't be that interesting without the splash of colours on its walls. Imagine the apartment block you live in is adorned with colourful graffities, isn't that great? Well, probably graffiti is not your cup of tea. What makes the world go round is that we are different. It is nothing wrong to be different and to embrace individualism. Let's celebrate our differences.